2002 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards
The 2002 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award winners have been formally announced.
- Governor Davis Announces Winners of Prestigious Environmental Awards
- Detailed description of the winners (PDF)
- Thanksgiving Coffee Company
- Anheuser-Busch, Inc., Fairfield Brewery
- Yosemite Concession Services Corp.
- Association of Bay Area Governments
- Wells Fargo Bank
- County of Alameda
- Vallejo Sanitation & Flood Control District
- TreePeople, Inc.
- Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Blue Ridge/Berryessa Natural Area Conservation Partnership
- Spenceville Wildlife Area and Mine Reclamation
- Placer Legacy Open Space and Agricultural Conservation Program
- Chino Basin Organics Management Strategy
2002 Award Categories
Governor Gray Davis invited nomination applications for 2002 in the following categories:
- Energy Conservation: Innovative practices that employ environmentally aware techniques or technologies that reduce energy use or increase energy efficiency.
- Children’s Environmental Education: Exemplary educational programs or curricula to raise children’s awareness of, and involvement in, environmental issues.
- Watershed Management: Laudable efforts of restoring, enhancing, and improving California’s watersheds, while promoting sustainable economic progress.
- Sustainable Practices: Pioneering efforts to integrate sound environmental values into management decisions and practices and, in the long-term, utilizing innovative technologies in the delivery of products and services.
- Border Environmental Protection: Exemplary efforts in the California-Mexico border region (60 miles on either side of the international boundary) to integrate sustainable development and environmental protection values into management decisions and practices that benefit both countries.
- Environmental-Economic Partnerships: Efforts that foster unique, cooperative approaches between the private, public, and/or non-profit sectors to achieve both environmental and economic ends.
- The Richard & Rhoda Goldman Fund
- Keep California Beautiful, Inc.
- California Foundation for Commerce and Education
- The Wine Institute
- Association of Environmental Professionals
- California Integrated Waste Management Board
2002 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award Nomination Application (for information only):
Note: Application deadline was August 1, 2002.