2014: The Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award Program
The Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award Program is California’s highest environmental honor. The program recognizes individuals, organizations, and businesses that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and made notable, voluntary contributions in conserving California’s precious resources, protecting and enhancing our environment, building public-private partnerships and strengthening the State’s economy.
The annual Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award Program is administered by the California Environmental Protection Agency, in partnership with the Natural Resources Agency, the Department of Food and Agriculture, the State Transportation Agency, the Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency, the Labor and Workforce Development Agency, and the Health and Human Services Agency.
The 2014 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards Ceremony took place on January 21, 2015. Congratulations to this year’s GEELA Winners!
Awards Ceremony Program
The recipients of the 2014 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards are:
Agricultural Ecosystem Services
- Parducci Wine Cellars – Water Reclamation System
Children’s Environmental Education
- City of Watsonville – Public Works Conservation Academy
- University of California, Los Angeles – Sustainable Transportation
Ecosystem & Watershed Stewardship
- Elkhorn Slough Foundation – Ecosystem & Watershed Stewardship
Enhanced Environmental & Economic Leadership
- Lodi Winegrape Commission – The Lodi Rules for Sustainable Winegrowing
- California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance – California Sustainable Winegrowing Program
Environmental & Economic Partnerships
- Domus Development – Kings Beach Housing Now
- City of Santa Cruz – GreenWharf Partnership
- Nicole Gatto, MPH, PhD – Community & School Gardens for Health Promotion
Sustainable Practices or Facilities
- Raytheon – Space & Airborne Systems Sustainability Program
Automobile Dealer Zero Emission Vehicle Promotion
- The Ford Store Morgan Hill – ZEV Promotion
- Disneyland Resort – Waste Reduction Program
The awards will be presented for voluntary achievements culminated in 2013. Competition is open to all California residents, businesses, non-profit organizations, professional and trade associations, communities, state and local government entities, tribes, and federal agencies operating in California. Projects are deemed ineligible if they are the result of mitigation, litigation, or required by legislation. Those who applied previously are welcome to apply again.