California Environmental Policy Council
The California Environmental Policy Council (CEPC) was originally established by the Environmental Protection Permit Reform Act of 1993 to designate a consolidated permit agency for applicants for environmental permits from multiple environmental agencies. In 1999 CEPC functions were expanded to review multimedia environmental evaluations of new motor vehicle fuels. The Air Resources Board (ARB) may not adopt any regulation that establishes a motor vehicle fuel specification unless a multimedia evaluation conducted by affected agencies and coordinated by the ARB is reviewed by the CEPC.
- Matthew Rodriquez, Agency Secretary (CEPC Chair)
- Mary D. Nichols, Chairman, ARB
- Lauren Ziese, Acting Director, OEHHA
- Felicia Marcus, Chairman, SWRCB
- Brian Leahy, Director, DPR
- Barbara A. Lee, Director, DTSC
- Ken DaRosa, Acting Director, CalRecycle
Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel and Proposed Alternative Diesel Fuel Regulation (2015)
A public meeting to consider the ARB evaluation entitled, “Multimedia Evaluations of Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel and the Air Resources Board’s Proposed Alternative Diesel Fuel Regulation” is scheduled for June 23, 2015 at 9:00 AM in Sacramento, CA.
- According to HSC 43830.8, the ARB may not adopt any regulation that establishes a specification for motor vehicle fuel unless that regulation, and a multimedia evaluation conducted by affected agencies and coordinated by the state board, are reviewed by the California Environmental Policy Council established in Public Resources Code Section 71017. The multimedia evaluation for any rule proposed for adoption by the Council must go through an external scientific peer review. (HSC. 57004) The CEPC shall determine whether the proposed regulation will cause significant adverse impact on public health or environment, whether less adverse alternatives exist.
- Notice of Hearing and Agenda (PDF, 644 KB)
- June 23, 2015: Staff presentation to the CEPC (PDF)
- Staff Report: Multimedia Evaluation of Biodiesel (PDF, 11.4 MB)
- Staff Report: Multimedia Evaluation of Renewable Diesel (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- More information on Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel
- Briefing presentation given to Council members (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Draft Resolution for Consideration by the Council (PDF)
Public Comments regarding Multimedia Evaluations of
Biodiesel and Renewable Diesel and the Air Resources Board’s
Proposed Alternative Diesel Fuel Regulation.
- Catherine H. Reheis-Boyd, Western States Petroleum Association (PDF)
- John P. Kinsey, Wanger Jones Helsey PC, on behalf of Growth Energy (PDF) І Errata to the June 19, 2015 comments to CARB on the proposed re-adoption of the LCFS (PDF)
- James Parsegian, Office of the State Fire Marshal (PDF)
- Chris Reardon, Department of Pesticide Regulation (Text Message)
- Ken DaRosa, Calrecycle (Text Message)
Please Note: If you require special accommodation to access documents on this site pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Ms. Michelle Hutzel, (916) 323-2515.
Last updated: June 23, 2015
California Environmental Protection Agency, http://www.calepa.ca.gov
General Public Contact, firstname.lastname@example.org (916) 323-2514