2003 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards
The 2003 Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Award winners were formally announced December 1, 2003.p>
- Fetzer Vineyards
- CourseCo, Inc
- Petaluma Poultry
- Thimmakka’s Resources
- The Sacramento Regional Blueprint
- Lideres Comunitarios de Salinas
- Capitol Area East End Complex
- Toyota South Campus
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency
- Environmental Volunteers
- Placer Nature Center
- FARMS Leadership/SLEWS Program
- The Surfrider Foundation
- California State ParksCounty of Los Angeles
- Mammoth Pacific LP
- Anderson Lithograph
- Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Program
- The South Yuba River Citizens League
- Wildcat-San Pablo Creeks Watershed Council
- The Water Forum
- Ecology Action of Santa Cruz
- Port of Oakland
- Rumsey Band of Wintun Indians & Yolo County Agreement
2003 Award Categories
- Children’s Environmental Education. Exemplary educational programs or curricula to raise children’s awareness of, and involvement in, environmental issues.
- Watershed & Ecosystem Restoration. Laudable efforts of restoring, enhancing, and improving California’s watersheds, while promoting sustainable economic progress.
- Sustainable Practices. Pioneering efforts to integrate sound environmental values into management decisions and practices, in the long term.
- Environmental-Economic Partnerships. Efforts that foster unique, cooperative approaches between the private, public, and/or nonprofit sectors to achieve both environmental and economic ends.
- Land Use. Efforts that promote environmentally sensitive development, comprehensive land use planning; or the development of planning methods that prevent urban sprawl or reclaim abandoned industrial properties.
- Technology Innovation. The development or application of new and innovative technologies for improving environmental quality and protecting public health and safety.
- Sustainable Facilities. Recognizing exemplary building projects that showcase leadership in the area of green construction practices.
- California Integrated Waste Management Board
- Waste Management, Inc.
- California State and Consumer Services Agency
- Association of Environmental Professionals
- Division of the State Architect--Department of General Services
- California Foundation for Commerce and Education
- Planning and Conservation League and PCL Foundation
- Association of California Water Agencies
- Keep California Beautiful, Inc.
Deadline to apply was August 1, 2003.